Lancia Beta Forum
September 21, 2024, 04:16:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: FNC - The Restoration  (Read 2020 times)
smithymc

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2024, 05:53:36 PM »

Very smart Neil.....and the sun has come out. Enjoy.

Mark

Nigel

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2024, 10:16:32 PM »

Looking forward to seeing it soon!

N

1984 2.0 Carb HPE [ex Aus] Grigio Finanza.
2007 Mazda 6 2.3 [current daily, highly recommended]
The past:
1980 2.0 HPE White in South Africa [hope it survives!]
1976 1.6 Coupe Lancia Blu [PFG 76R] [probably deceased]
oh,and an Uno Turbo 1997 also in SA [stolen,never recovered]
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2024, 07:41:16 AM »

Hi Neil

Did you have it back in time for the LMC weekend or is that from this last week?

Peter

No, just back yesterday.
Clifford3051

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2024, 09:34:44 AM »

Looking really good!
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2024, 12:22:09 PM »

Working on the inevitable snags this morning.

After filling the car on the way back from the body shop the running fell off a cliff with a return of FNC's classic rough running. A combination of aged petrol getting a good stir up plus dust from lots of spraying and rubbing down seemed the prime suspects, though funny it ran fine for the 15 minutes to the station.

The jets had a good soak in solvent, the carburetor got a big spray of cleaner then everything back together with new plugs and fuel filter element. Started up fine and ran without lumps until the choke dropped out and I had no idle. 10 minutes juggling the mixture and idle screws seems to have sorted things, but it's bizarre how fixed points like this could fall out of adjustment.

The other more prosaic job was to fit the OS door lock button. The trim was broken and as I thought I had a decent one in my stash I declined having the broken one glued in. In the end though my stash trim was also missing a prong so not much better. Anyway, the button is fitted now and I left the garage in a much better mood.

I'm helping my friend with her Fulvia tomorrow, so might do the 30+ mile round trip in the Beta as a test run for Saturday.....
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2024, 01:01:31 PM »

After returning from my 300+ mile jaunt to Betameeta the running was still off, with quite a bit of hunting at slow speeds. Another go on the idle mixture screw has properly sorted things now though, with pretty smooth running even through the warm up stage.

I adjusted the screw all the way in then wound it out half a turn at a time. About two turns out I hit a real sweet spot and was then able to drop the idle speed down by a good 400 rpm. The weird thing is that I had done all this a few weeks before and that sweet spot just didn't appear, so Betameeta must have been something of an Italian tune up.

The motorway drive to Auto Italia at Carlton Towers last weekend was through lashing rain with all the electrics on, which the Coupe took in its stride, so that was reassuring too.

Thanks for all the positive comments from those who have seen the car.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: