Lancia Beta Forum
October 22, 2024, 03:58:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Betaboyz lowered springs fitted now to get alignment done  (Read 299 times)
Clifford3051

« on: September 24, 2024, 07:18:05 PM »

Good evening all.
So lowered springs fitted (kept standard shocks and wheels at the moment) and now finding it a struggle to find someone locally ideally with a recessed ramp to avoid catching subframe or sils on the ramp to get on the ramp to do the alignment.
Once I find someone, I am assuming standard spec for alignment will be ok.
What's people's experience?
Thanks
C
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2024, 08:56:24 PM »

Hi Clifford

Why not try the string method at home?

Works fine for me.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2024, 08:06:02 AM »

Hi Clifford,

Do they not own some planks? Normally you just extend the ramp on and on you go. I have a very low Montecarlo and Auto Torque in Westcote can do the job because a lot of Japanese tuned cars are lowered with spoilers.

The string option needs the right place to do it and finding a real flat place I could not do.

Eric
Clifford3051

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2024, 06:10:47 PM »

Just for completion. I eventually took the car to a local tyre place which is part of there Pro tyre group.
They had additional ramps which they used for the back wheels to level the car out as it drove onto the main ramp, therefore levelling the sils as it came over the edge of the main ramp so the angle wasn't did acute.
The alignment was well out, but now adjusted as per the spec for the car so good job done.
Not cheap at 96 quid but very pleased with their care for the car when they did the work.
C
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: