Lancia Beta Forum
September 08, 2024, 12:57:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ZF Power Steering with pre F/L interior  (Read 343 times)
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: July 13, 2024, 09:28:51 PM »

I've got to the point with my Spider where I'm ready to change the bulkhead from the std non-PS one to the PS type from an ie.

I looks possible (but very difficult) to modify things so I could use the earlier pedal box and cross brace but  it would be easier just to use the power steering pedal box. 

Does anyone know if the pre F/L dash fits with the power steering pedal box?

It looks as though it will but it would be good to have confirmation.

PS Does anyone have a later cross brace?
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2024, 11:20:08 PM »

Hi Stuart

Interesting comment, on the HPE we have modified the fixings on the IE front end to fit the pre f/l dash. I had not considered the pedal fixings being different, but cannot see why they would interfere with the dash. I will have a look when back in in U.K. in August.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Ammy

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2024, 10:02:31 AM »

Why change the bulkhead Huh?Huh?Huh??/
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2024, 10:23:26 AM »

As I'm sure you know the PS rack is different  - the mountings are further apart and the 'nose' of the rack is much bigger so it doesn't fit the non-PS bulkhead. 

One option is to swap the mounting plates from one bulkhead to the other but since my car is a bare shell and I have a spare bulkhead it's as easy to swap them. If I thought I could easily use the non PS pedal box then I'd just transfer the mountings but it looks like it would foul the nose of the rack and space for the hydraulic lines would be very tight indeed.
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2024, 10:29:57 PM »

A small step forward on this. I've at least found that the lower section of the steering column from a PS car fits directly to the upper section from a pre-facelift. It looks like they just changed the lower part to suit the different splines on the ZF rack and the shorter length required.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: