Lancia Beta Forum
September 08, 2024, 12:42:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Volumex HPE restoration  (Read 12021 times)
squiglyzigly

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2024, 09:58:46 PM »

Work on the HPE has taken a back seat whilst the other 3 roadworthy cars deserved maintenance and repairs. But things have still been ticking over with external machining jobs and small detail jobs that I would rather do before finally painting the shell.
One such job that was niggling me was replacing the two window washer reservoirs. I’m not a fan of the fragile front windscreen washer bottle mounted under the windscreen scuttle panel and I wanted to combine both bottles into one.
Initially I would have preferred a washer bottle under the n/s wing like most modern cars but the filler neck would have needed to be where I intend putting a secondary fuse box for fuel injection power and relays.
So my second idea was to put a single bottle with two pumps where the original rear washer bottle lives. Some hours later on eBay and for the grand sum of a tenner I had myself a Suzuki Alto two pump reservoir to experiment with.

* IMG_5968.jpeg (202.05 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 51 times.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 08:00:32 AM by squiglyzigly » Logged

VX HPE (resto started Sept ‘21)
Beta Saloon 2.0l s2 1979 (completed July 2020)
Beta coupé VX (completed April 2017)
squiglyzigly

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2024, 10:04:34 PM »

In less time than it took me to find a suitable reservoir, I knocked up some stainless bracketry and mounted it in the location of the original rear bottle. Once the shell is painted I will run the feed pipe to the front of the car in hard nylon pipe. Then once the car is refitted with carpets and trims I shall see if I need to protect the filler neck from knocks and bangs.

* IMG_5971.jpeg (349.96 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 55 times.)

VX HPE (resto started Sept ‘21)
Beta Saloon 2.0l s2 1979 (completed July 2020)
Beta coupé VX (completed April 2017)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: