Lancia Beta Forum
September 16, 2024, 08:15:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spyder restoration - long time coming  (Read 89921 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #500 on: August 22, 2024, 06:31:37 PM »

No specific jobs done other than driving the car over recent months. A few shows and Betameeta so getting some use out of the car.

A few to dos are
Fix a weep from base of expansion tank, tried new pipe but may need new clamp. Very occasional drop from it which is annoying.
During Betameeta Nigel noticed the cambelt was not as tight as on his car, so will re tension it during winter as well as check valve clearances and timing whilst I am in there.
Need to apply underbody sealant as not applied any since 21, so time to do some.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #501 on: Today at 03:50:06 PM »

Hi

On the subject of the timing belt I read a section in GC’s book which says you should be able to twist the belt to 45 degrees between the two cam pulleys, which my belt does appear to do, so will leave well alone until I come to change it, probably next year.

I have been to a few local meets recently including my local club Sunday drive/lunch yesterday. I had not noticed it at first, but after half an hour I saw the oil pressure indicator was reading very low and through the day proceeded to get lower and lower, however the red light did not come on, so I was hoping for a sensor failure…

Changed it today and sure enough new sensor gives a good reading so happy camper.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
  Print  

Jump to: